Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Business Casual


Just returned from a few days in San Diego for the PR job. While I spent about 85% of my time in the convention center with clients, doctors and loads of amazing new endoscopes - I woke at the crack of dawn for some brisk exploration filled with boats, baseball and even a bit of beach. Above is the sand outside the Hotel del Coronado.


...and these are the seats inside Petco Stadium. The American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) rented the joint for its annual awards ceremony. They have a good location scout: The other ones I've attended were in the new wing of the Chicago Art Institute and smack on the field of the Super Dome.


The Maritime Museum has subs, tall ships and aircraft carriers. I like how this guy looks like a whale. I suppose that is the point.


The Hotel del Coronado brings in falconers (and hawks) to scare off the sea gulls. "Bird abatement" they call it.



I looked down on the pool from my room at the Grand Hyatt...


...and got a perilous new perspective on Eisenstaedt's V-J Day kiss next to the USS Midway.


After dinner, we got to go down into the dugout at Petco stadium. Trace evidence of the inhabitants was left behind.


The old pink police HQ by the marina has been abandoned and looks like something out of Havana. I've always wanted a pink house. This is why.


11 comments:

k. said...

Wonderful pictures! And what a great tote! Who makes it?

Hollister H. Hovey said...

Thank you, k! It's Valextra - and my prize because it makes all outfits look better!

Karena said...

Hollister, this brought back many memories of my years in San Diego and much time spent in Coronado. I lived downtown for a long time and loved it!

Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

herringbone said...

I really really like that tote (and your blog).

Kind regards

Tori Calhoun said...

You have impeccable style and taste- as is evidenced by the Valextra bag. Would you mind sharing which style bag it is? The Boston? The Babila? Keep up the beautiful work so we can all share in it, and thank you.

alpha sudirman said...

Its the details of our lives I think that in some respects make the impact. Its only once in a while the big picture matters. I loves these photos of the details.
toko busana muslim

Maloti Sarkar said...

Read a lot of blogs specially interesting ones like your blog, Good post! I accidentally found your site on the internet, I am going to be coming back here yet again.Love Information Is Beautiful. Keep posting.Read a lot of blogs specially interesting ones like your blog, Good post! I accidentally found your site on the internet

Robin said...

I'll chime in and also ask: the tote! who makes it! It's perfect of course with your nice monogram. I live in San Diego, and love that pink police HQ building. Sounds like you made great use of your morning. Love your blog, your designs, all of it! --Robin at www.variousandsunday.blogspot.com (your blog is listed in my blog roll on the right) :o)

mischy said...

compare electricity providers

Picture perfect. Those photos are terrific. It's so professional looking. Thanks for sharing.

Julia Ionov said...

Great photos you got there! those are perfect shots! I love it. Keep posting please.
quality website design

Tamia Destiney said...

Hi.. I looked your post about business casual.you people does not explain more about your post.But your pictures are explained very well.I like it.Keep on posting.

tie guan yin