Wednesday, April 25, 2012

English Exploration Pt. 1 | Portobello Road, Norfolk and Loads of Cute Cars


We're day four into our English adventures and we've shot two wonderful homes for our book and purchased a full year's worth of loot. Cannot thank everyone who's written with suggestions enough for all their help! We're hoping to pack in as much as we can! Above, Queen Vic holds court in Hyde Park.


Here's evidence of a portion of the purchases: an (affordable by comparison - see below) Panama hat from William Evans, leather gloves from Swaine Adeney Brigg, grapefruit and rosemary room spray (that, damnit, I'm wearing as perfume...because it's like a nose poem) from Floris, an Anglo Indian porcupine quill box from the incomparable Henry Gregory and lady's spectators from Church's.


We've seen three Nissan Figaros so far - and all are perfection.


Porter, having a rest in Hyde Park






Port sitting on a star across from the Connaught Hotel (the hotel is kinda heavy, but the Connaught Bar is a true deco gem).


We went out to Norfolk to visit family; it was like a Barbour ad and/or a stay in Masterpiece Theater.




...and then came back to London and all the wonderful Fiats and Minis.


Here's a peek inside the Henry Gregory basement where we found a striped mini-trunk (see below)


and here's Port down the road from the flat we rented from AirBNB.


Lobb's footwear fantasies.


At Swaine Adeney Brigg, I grabbed this Herbert Johnson Panama hat - which actually fit my gigantic head - and almost cried when I saw that it cost around GPB 750 (I got the less fancy one above instead).


Excellent labeling at Goyard in Mayfair.


More Fiat 500s


And a little international army from Andy Morant Toys at the Portobello Road Market.


Me, with my Henry Gregory mini-trunk on Day 1.


10 comments:

Reese said...

The mini trunk is fabulous! Why don't I ever find things like that in London??

Karena said...

Adore all of your finds Hollister and your family home looks like a dream! That trunk....oh yes!

....I wanted you to know...I am featuring Anita Rivera, our Friend, Designer and Paper Artist with Castles Crowns & Cottages.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Lost in Provence said...

Oh crap. Now I want a Nissan Figaro.
And I don't even know how to drive.
But I would learn if I could have that car!

Happy travels and thank you for the oodles of inspiration.

Sir Fopling Flutter said...

Great photographs. I'm glad you made it to Andy Morant's stall.

Christina said...

I love these photos. Sounds like an epic time. Would you mind if i Pinned some of these?

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Last year I rode my bicycle from the very bottom tip of England to the very top of Scotland. It was pure magic.

mischy said...

dog training canberra


Hi Hollister. I really want to explore London when given enough time and chance. think I'm gonna enjoy my stay there.

Lara said...

what an insane cliche this all is.

Marta Clavero said...

Hey people! Long time no see!

I was in LA last weekend for my grandpa’s 90th birthday. All the grandchildren had to perform for him so I did a dance performance. Check it out!


Honestly, I’m not that happy with this performance. I was tired from dancing in my cousin’s performance before this, and I didn’t have much time to rest. I don’t think I did justice to the choreography. I just thought I’d share since I got a lot of comments saying I should dance to Wedding Dress.

Tracklist Big Bang VN
big bang
for the mix I made with the choreography:
Kanye West – Power (remix) choreography by Keone Madrid
TaeYang – Wedding Dress choreography by Shaun Evaristo and Lyle Beniga
Usher – More choreography by Keone MadridIncome Insurance
romantic gift

Interior Designer Miami
Eau alcaline

Atlanta Apartments
lace wedding dresses

buy website
gothic t-shirts

lace wedding dresses
cat tree

alarm companies
\'wedding suits

Mysore tour
local movers in nj

SBOBET
Online shopping clothing store

Se7en – Digital Bounce choreography by Keone Madrid



On top of this, I danced to Jay Park – Abandoned with my little cousin. He was too shy to dance on his own so I offered to be in his performance with him. Watch it here!



Hope you guys enjoy it! :D

Indiahotels said...

Dear Webmaster,

We received a notice from Google stating that they have levied a penalty on our website as they "detected unnatural links" redirecting to our website holidayiq.com.

The only way we can remove this penalty and help Google reconsider putting our website back in their index is by removing these links and we need your help for the same. We request you to consider this request on high priority.

http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/2012/04/english-exploration-pt-1-portobello.html
http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/2012/04/going-mad-men.html
http://hollisterhovey.blogspot.com/2012/07/finger-pickin-good.html

We would again like to bring your notice that failure to remove these links would require us to file a "Disavow Links" report with Google. Once we submit this report to Google, they may "flag" your site as "spammy" or otherwise if anything is not in compliance with their guidelines. The last thing we want is to have another webmaster go through this grief!

Your cooperation in this process would be deeply appreciated. We kindly request you to send us an acknowledgement of this mail along with a confirmation that these links have been removed.
Thanks a lot for your help.

If you want to reach out to us mail us on pradeep@holidayiq.com
Regards,
Webmaster
holidayiq.com

Regards
Pradeep Ayyagari
Ph: +91-8197849852