Boarding in the Berkshires


Port, her best friend and I fled the city's crazy Celtic chaos over the weekend for a good dose of nature. Looking out for nothing more that a "good looking joint up north" I discovered the exceptionally handsome Hawkrise in East Chatham, NY. The Berkshires were absolutely nowhere near either of the places we had to be on either side of this adventure (Westhampton and Youngstown, NY), but this is what happens when you let an aesthete handle logistics. If you haven't checked out AirBnB for little jaunts like this, you absolutely must. The place was only $200 a night and could've easily slept seven people (with cuddling).



The place was designed and built by its owner, furniture designer Clarke Olsen. Many of his beautiful Danish-modern looking pieces are in the house.


Me, in my Armor Lux Breton sweater (that I wear about three times a week...I hope my co-workers like the sailor look) on the balcony in the morning.


Mr. Olsen designed this great rope bench in the '70s.


This was the view from my room. I was hoping a deer would pass by. I just got Porter, waking me up in the morning, instead.


...and this was the light fixture in the guest bath - Benjamin sockets galore (and glorious!).

5 comments

  1. Karen says:

    Looks so peaceful...great way to lower the blood pressure after a work week.
    Karen at Garden, Home and Party

  2. Lisa says:

    nice getaway! glad you rewear clothes to work too. loved the b&b minus those nightmare plastic chairs on the deck! if i were samantha (bewitched) i'd make those chair disappear

  3. Karena says:

    Hollister what a wonderful getaway! The furnishings look amazing; wow that lighting!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

  4. nice work keep it up


    http://designs-article.blogspot.com

  5. Tavarua says:

    I know you like taxidermy - may I recommend a visit to Irelands Natural History Museum...Victorian Taxidermy Since 1857