Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good Will and Testament

For 2012 I don't really have a resolution...it's more a mandatory assignment: FINISH YOUR BOOK (on time) AND MAKE IT EVERYTHING YOU'VE DREAMED! So, I'm diving head first into my quest to gather together the most spectacular, touching tales of family pride, childhood joy and nostalgia...and the heirlooms that represent (or will represent) all three. I have chills over the list of people some family friends have suggested, but I want to cast the net as wide as possible. 

So with that in mind, I reach out to you all with a grand request: Do you know anyone or any families who've done an amazing job preserving their legacy - as a family and/or individuals - and incorporating their heirlooms into their homes beautifully?  I'd be thrilled to hear from you! Shoot me an email at hollister.hovey@gmail.com.

(Above: Frida Kahlo's My Grandparents, My Parents and I (Family Tree), 1936)

(Queen Victoria's family of European monarchs)

(The incredible Black family tree mural from Harry Potter)

(A great nautical "tree" found online)

3 comments:

donna baker said...

Wow, amazing trees. Can't wait to see what all you find. The reason I love your blog is that it is so random - not all about the same things. Though we have such different lives, we really are all in this together.

Joy said...

I know this will be a fantastic year for you! So looking forward to your book!

Callie Grayson said...

I so look forward to your book.
I have been gathering family information for years, I am the family historian.... so everyone sends me all the medals, certificates, letters, photos and stories. I have researched back to the 1500's on my mothers side and the 1700's on my fathers.
I have a room dedicated to the boxes of stuff I have collected. Rescently, I have been making shadow boxes for individuals and making a family tree along the wall with them.
Wish you well and know you will have fun making this book!
xx
callie