Need for Tweed

 On Saturday, a load of ladies and gents threw on some tweedy bits and gathered around the Rugby Store on University Place for the first U.S. Tweed Run.  Because of the rampant, occupational protesting going on around the island, the "run" (bike ride) portion was truncated into a ride around the West Village, but the duds still looked pretty nice.


I wore jodhpurs, a Rugby windowpane tweed hacking jacket (they gave me one - so nice!), my new navy blue Sermoneta driving gloves and my Brooks Brothers cap toe boots.



Bill Cunningham showed up to take some snaps!




Port came in a Rubgy knit dress and swaddled herself in a J.Press Brown University college scarf and regimental pin.


Rugby knit dresses are kinda short on 6' tall girls - and very dangerous in a stiff breeze!

(Photos by Porter Hovey and me)

9 comments

  1. wow they gave u a free rugby tweed jacket for free??! jealous! i really want to attend next year's just for the fun of it :)

  2. Joy says:

    So great! I got the email too that the run was cancelled and I don't know why I didn't connect OWS with it. Anyway everybody looks amazing. Loving that first photo!

  3. Mike says:

    Trey Smith Blog


    Hi Hollister, Nice post. I learn something harder on various blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice something at their store. I’d want to use some while using content on my own blog regardless of whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link on your own internet weblog. Thanks for sharing.

  4. "rampant, occupational protesting"

    Funny, very funny.

  5. Well, you know if Mr. Cunningham was there...

    Here in Provence we are having an exaggerated Indian Summer. I visited my tweeds earlier today and said hello but "not yet."

    I love Porter's glasses! Saw them before but it's official!

  6. Karena says:

    Woo hoo you girls. I adore your driving gloves. I may have to have a pair!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

  7. So sorry, but Portland had it's first tweed ride in January of 2009! Woot!

  8. Excellent photos from the tweed ride. Have been following your blog for months and months now and wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your design sense always.

    cheers,
    MB
    http://michaelborshuk.blogspot.com