Films of Edie


You could store a baby in most of my purses, so it was a huge leap of faith for me to purchase a comparably miniature Edie bag from J.Crew. No - you can't cram in an iPad or an entire year's subscription of W magazine, but it sure holds all my necessities - with room to spare. It's also really nice to have a shoulder strap for once. 

But almost more importantly, this post is meant to show off the ridiculously fun Super 8 iPhone app! Yeah, yeah, there's Hipstamatic and ShakeIt and Instagram and Camera Bag for the still photos, but Spielberg and crew are letting us make our own little vintage movies. Now your totally mundane activities can be captured and made to look like the opening credits of The Wonder Years. You just shoot a bunch of clips - and then "develop your film" and it makes a little movie! So fun.

I also shot this one while hanging around New Haven Union Station yesterday. (It's actually much cooler than the purse one).

2 comments

  1. gretchen says:

    I love this! and this may have just pushed me over the edge on getting an iphone...

  2. fantastic. absolutely.
    I feel a whole series could be made out of this. --lost footage on the organized and rugged feminist.
    the bag is structurally charming, glad it does the trick.