Flicks | Norwegian Wood


A couple years ago, Porter wanted to take a few Polaroids into the city and not bend the bejeezus out of them, so she grabbed a copy of Murakami's Norwegian Wood from our bookshelf and popped them inside. As she stood on the L train, this cute boy kept staring at the book. Then he approached. 

"Oh, that's such a great book! Do you love it?" he asked. "Oh, I've just started!" (Lie). "Well, why don't we get coffee in a couple days and you can tell me how you like it." "Ok!"

So, for the next few days Porter reads and reads and reads. But come coffee time, she still has 10 pages to go. Choosing promptness over completing the assignment, she figures it'll all be fine. Until he greets her...

"That was some ending, eh?" "Oh, it was nice, I suppose." (No idea what he's freaking out about). "Nice?!?! What?!?!" "Hum? Um, yes. Nice. A very nice ending." 

Well, it seems that a great, great deal of action goes down in those final ten pages -- none simply "just nice" at all.

Luckily, little hipsters can now avoid such an awkward fate because the movie is here! (At least in the U.K. next week). (It looks really great).

3 comments

  1. Sharon says:

    Wow, what a beautifully edited trailer! I can't wait to see this one. I have just recently been introduced to the writing of Murakami but have not yet read Norwegian Wood. The song is among my favored classics of times gone by. Thanks for sharing this!

  2. Karena says:

    Hollister I have not read the book, the movie does indeed look to be swoonworthy!

    Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

  3. gillymots says:

    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!! Norweigan Wood is my favourite Murakami book.