(Coat of) Arm Yourself | E.C.Snaith and Son

There are certainly dark moments in history. There were also rare moments of dark humor in my 10th grade European history AP class.  As my teacher told it:

I was telling the class about the Children's Crusade - a terrible event in the 13th century when as many as 30,000 unarmed children were sent into battle. "Oh, my god!" one girl exclaimed. "How'd they find that many little amputees?! They wouldn't even be able to hold weapons!"

Limbs AND weapons, it turns out, are helpful in war. Similarly (well, not exactly), really nice embroidered crests and coats of arms are extremely helpful at country clubs and polo matches.  E.C.Snaith & Son has a collection to end all collections of these patches. (They also have a load of ridiculously awesome stable belts! I pretty much want every color combo they sell.)

4 comments

  1. edgertor says:

    i have a stable belt in my etsy store you might be interested in...i love stable belts too.

  2. Karena says:

    So interesting Hollister. You always open my eyes!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

  3. GoldenDay says:

    Wonderful find! It's inspired me to get a blazer for my old University crest!

  4. What a delightful story, and what delicious ensignia. Thanks, Reggie