Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Abandoning the Cuckoo's Nest


Shelves aren't the only things that come from Taunton asylum.  Photographer Jeremy Harris tells me: My friends and I spent days in the place before it was torn down, and have many artifacts in our collections.  I personally have patient records, hand written log books, skeleton keys, and a portable shock therapy machine.  All from Taunton.

He's done an entire series of beautiful shots inside Taunton and other asylums.  Here are a selection.










All photos by Jeremy Harris

10 comments:

katiedid said...

Echoes of lost minds....beautifully captured.

panda200 said...

These are incredible photos! Thanks for sharing, Camilla

Meredyth said...

Thank you for putting a spotlight on the amazing, evocative work of photographer Jeremy Harris. I have known him since he bought his first camera (too many years ago too mention). When I saw your "new" shelving from Taunton, I suggested Jeremy reach out to you. I love the serendipity!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful yet spooky...

Homeowner Insurance

The Serendipity said...

Amazing pictures! Thank You for sharing these with us!

Hawk and Fallow said...

thank you so much for this. I found these images so moving. the stillness and peace with so many voices held in the air x

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

Told you it was creepy....

henrydefine said...

dang, these photographs are beautifully stoic. i'll definitely look at more of jeremy's work now.

Zane Wooder said...

I dunno why but a lot of these pictures creep me out. Maybe because some of these pictures are taken asylums. The pictures do have artistic merit though.

Zane Wooder said...

I dunno why but a lot of these pictures creep me out. These pictures probably creep me out because some of them are taken in asylums. The pictures do have artistic merit though.

-Zane of ontario honey