Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oxiseau + Axinamu


Our mom and dad almost split up on their Honeymoon to Paris because my mom wouldn't stop buying French magazines. This enraged our father. The madder he got, the more she'd buy (the buying, of course, being only about 10% of the problem, with the lugging filling out the remaining 90%). Well, it seems that Porter and I got all of mom's genes in this regard and none of our father's. However, we feed our need for foreign printed matter with hardback books.  Prague was a goldmine for vintage tomes, but Paris was a feeding ground for gigantic pop-up works of art. Bernadette Gervais and Francesco Pittau's incredible Bird and Animal books were two of our favorite purchases. Axinamu is available in the States under the name Out of Sight, but it's just so much cooler to have the French.

 






7 comments:

Laura said...

Just ordered Out of Sight for my young niece! Thanks.

Hollister H. Hovey said...

Yay! It's so, so beautiful. She will love!

Daniel-Halifax said...

These are great!

European books are so much better than ours with our flashy covers. Oddly enough, probably right down the street from you on Bedford Ave., I scored some great Italian picture books from the early 60's...they sit proudly next to me now.

Flo said...

"Just ordered Out of Sight for my young niece! Thanks."

So did I, for MY young niece! More thanks...

La Maison Fou said...

So pretty.
I love paper myself, a self proclaimed, paperholic!

Relax, there is a cure!

L.

Karena said...

Hollister these books are so beautiful for adults or children!!

Be sure to come and enter my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign......

Xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

These are stunning. I may have to find the Birds for my mum who is a bird artist.