Monday, December 6, 2010

Wrappin' Up (2010 Edition)


This year we stepped off the frontier and decided to go to war with Christmas presents. With the apartment blue and covered in military prints and lead soldiers, it only makes sense that our gift wrap should match. These are just a start - and I'm planning to hand paint the recipient's initials - Goyard style - on each (albeit with paint pen since spray paint + sencils are the devil's work). I wrapped the lids separately, so they can be saved (it's less fun in the ripping department, of course) and used my absurd Russian diving watch to create the little gold wax seals that feature a deep sea diver and anchors.

Check out the inspiration and the messy (nearly tear-filled) process at Thistle & Clover's blog. Our friend Rand Neiderhoffer co-owns the great Fort Greene, Brooklyn shop and kindly asked us to show our wrapping style this season.  So fun!

5 comments:

Paul Baxendale said...

That's some super snazzy wrapping; a very original idea!!! I love the use of the watch back for the wax impression!

katiedid said...

perfect....I am inspired!

Victoire said...

oh my goodness, this is too good to be true!

abby jenkins said...

bloody brilliant!

jones said...

Amazing Trip!!! I'm jealous.