Happy New Year!


First, I have to apologize for the ridiculous break it seems I've taken. Really putting the holiday in holiday, it seems! I only worked nine days in December, making it potentially the best month of my life. Port and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve with friends and then, on the big day, flew back to Kansas City to see our dad and avoid the East Coast snow monsoon.  Skies were clear and beautiful in KC.  Porter even took off her coat and jumped for joy in front of her favorite big shuttlecock at the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art.  

Thank you to everyone who's been so sweet to follow my blog in 2010 (and before) - and I resolve to be a bit better at the posting pace in 2011.  Be sure to stock up on your McClure's Bloody Mary Mix (with pickle brine!!) ahead of tonight's drinky sessions. It erases hangovers like nothing else!

Best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy new year!

6 comments

  1. jones says:

    Happy New Year!!! Nine days in December--amazing!!

  2. Lisa says:

    Happy New Year and glad you were both able to make it out of NY and to KC. My very favorite Christmas post of yours was on December 24, 2008. When you got to the part when the Shepherds Pie was served and YOU started to cry I started to laugh. I still chuckle when I read it.

  3. Happy new year! Fun to see you in KC - Brooklyn next time.

  4. Happy New Year to you!

    So glad you missed that huge snow storm, caused crazy delays for me when flying back to Chicago (guess my plane was coming from NY) but all is good and looking forward to 2011.

    xx
    callie

  5. You're all so great! (Shepherd's pie!!! So awful. Grinch's food! HaHa!!)

  6. i love this cute post! awesome about your december :)