Drinking/Sunning/Splashing/Shopping in L.A.

First, I want to thank all the readers who sent their suggestions of places to go -- they all sounded amazing. Since we were both lazy and car-less, we didn't make it to many, but I think I should compile and share with the masses. So stay tuned for that! Here we have gratuitous glamor shots around L.A. and Santa Monica. Above is Porter in Norma Kamali on 6th Street in Old Beverly Hills (right? regardless, it's a neighborhood in which the residents spend at least $1 trillion annually on landscaping).

Porter splashing in her new Opening Ceremony dress. The New York store is amazing; the L.A. store will make you cry it's so far beyond amazing.

Me, near Melrose, in a cutting edge mix of Gap corduroys, Rugby oxford and Brooks Brothers blazer.

The beautiful Wiltern Theatre on Wilshire in Koreatown.

More of the Wiltern...(Port's bag, which just gets better and better with age, is BillyKirk).

The ceiling over the box office at the Wiltern.

Porter, on the white chesterfield in the Viceroy Santa Monica lobby.

26 comments

  1. these are fantastic! i want to be wading in the ocean right now. you two look amazing, as always.

  2. Gah you're adorable...In my next life I want to be able to pull off red pants
    www.peppermintbliss.com

  3. K says:

    Classic LA all the way! love!

  4. abby says:

    i love these photos. those are great red pants!

  5. Simone says:

    what a fabulous shot of the Wiltern!

  6. Simone says:

    what a fabulous shot of the Wiltern!

  7. You girls are so glam! Love the Wiltern...and that dress is amazing!

  8. jones says:

    You two look amazing--seems like LA fits you to a tee. Glad that you had an amazing time and that the weather did its usual. Mary

  9. Anzu says:

    Cool clothes, great location, and stunning pictures

  10. Good Lord, how glamorous!

  11. melissa says:

    Oh, I love LA!! Looks like you had a great time! I seriously thought that when I moved from NY to SF I would be in LA all the time...I think in ten years out here I have been down about 6 or 7 times. :( NOt enough!!

  12. melissa says:

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

  14. I just love you blog, been RSS-ing for some time.

    What do you use to create your vintage style photos with the square white border??

    Thanks!
    xoxo

  15. love the images!!! will link them on my friday post

  16. Drew says:

    Amazing eye, my lady.

  17. Joanne says:

    Awesome photos! The opening ceremony dress is so cute and the ocean is awesome. the ceiling is so cool! :)

  18. jen* says:

    so funny, i saw you coming out of opening ceremony in their outfit (pictured) and had to roll down my window and tell you how fabulous you looked! Ha ha! I love OC- did not know it was you even though I read your blog!

  19. i live in Los Angeles and I have never seen it look so stylish! love these pictures!
    xox alison

  20. Jen! You totally made my day. It was so funny -- loved the dress so much I wore it out of the store!

  21. Hollister: Love the ceiling over the box office at the Wiltern. So art deco, so chic!

  22. i love this style of photography.
    are they polaroids?

  23. what lovelies you both are! and koreatown was my old neighborhood. lots of gems tucked away in there.

  24. This blog is SO beautiful! Love the design and content. Found it through Cup of Jo my other favourite blog. Yay. :)