Go to (Stump)town

Those great Stumptown coffee roastin' guys from Portland opened up shop right off the lobby of New York's beautiful Ace Hotel earlier this month.  Porter and I got to tour the hotel and the still-under-construction Stumptown space a few weeks back...before the marble and all the tchotchkes (which Erie Basin owner Russell Whitmore helped pick out).  It's great lookin'...and the java's amazing.  Be sure to check out The New York Times' review.

(Details on Porter's outfit: Her new, beloved leather tote from the wonderful Bray brothers at BillyKirk; Anthropologie turtleneck, YSL belt, Ralph Lauren cowboy skirt (mine from 7th grade), Jil Sander flats). 

10 comments

  1. ahhh a taste of home in the big city. i Miss portland,
    Foster

  2. Nikki says:

    Big fan of stumptown, and those shoes and skirt! If you're ever at the Ace Hotel in Portland, go to happy hour at Clyde Common and get the burger with blue cheese!

  3. I am a big fan of Stumptown too!

  4. William says:

    Tell me about your sister's leather tote!

    -Wm

    www.aTreasuryOf.com

  5. The tote is from BillyKirk! And it's WONDERFUL!

  6. Stumptown is divine! As is the ACE-
    I have stayed at them in Portland and Seattle-
    I hear that we are getting one in SF too!

  7. Deb says:

    I've heard so many good things about Stumptown, and I had no idea that there was one opening up right in nyc!! I can't WAIT to try it--thanks so much for sharing!

  8. Susan says:

    Stumptown is more like crack I think, than coffee.
    I love it!

  9. go stumptown! and hooray for the ace... seattle is proud of both of them... l
    Love the outfit... those old ralph classics live on forever.. ralph lauren is a true genius...

  10. ooooooooh i can't wait to go! also, is that bag available for purchase anywhere?