Monday, August 3, 2009

Sustenance | Rations from Brooklyn Larder

Porter and I pedaled to Prospect Heights on Saturday, came upon the beautiful six-week old gourmet food shop Brooklyn Larder and stocked up on assorted rations - completely unnecessary rations, but absurdly well-packaged ones, nonetheless.  The grainy texture of the all-organic and highly addictive Taza stoneground chocolate compliments the cinnamon and guajillo chili flavors perfectly and the Amarena Fabbri wild cherries would be perfect on top of ice cream or deep at the bottom of a Manhattan.  All would look great on a well-curated kitchen shelf.

228 Flatbush Ave.
Brooklyn, NY

15 comments:

Ami said...

If given permission to do so, I will happily post Porter's Mad Men submission photo on my blog and shill for her.

Callie Grayson said...

mmmm
I love mexican chocolate!!
what a great find, I hope to find a place like that here in my neighborhood.... still finding wonderful places.

Hollister H. Hovey said...

Ami - that would be amazing!

Ami said...

Great! Consider it done!

Ami said...

Here's the link:
http://charmcitydaily.com/?p=160

Hope it helps!

LPC said...

Oh, please don't tell me I now have to curate my kitchen shelf! It is my last refuge of function over form. Sigh. Oh well. OK. Yeah, maybe I can figure out how to put Porter's photo as a link in a widget in the sidebar. Eek. But easier than curating my kitchen shelf most likely...

Hollister H. Hovey said...

Mine are an organized mess. I just make sure that all jars face front in order to show off the packaging for which I likely bought the products. :)

Alexander van Terheyden said...

A friend from Chicago pointed me to your blog - Glad she did. Entertaining Blog - Well done.

Good Day from London.

Laura [What I Like] said...

I have been meaning to check this place out...with cherries in a jar as beautiful as that, clearly I must waste no more time!

LPC said...

Haha! Victory! I have posted the picture of Porter in my sidebar, along with instructions! Being old is not so bad.

The Consummate Hostess said...

Very nice!

Liz Powers said...

Hi! I think we both went to W&L? If so, saw the post on Cup of Jo and wanted to uphold the speaking tradition... a few years later.

www.pinkmonkeystyle.com

best,
Liz

oldflowers4me said...

i really had to just say hello..

Neuf Francs said...

Looks and sounds brilliantly divine! Happy eating!

Lily said...

Great! that would be amazing!

Lily @ freestanding larder cupboard