Clubbing Downtown

On Saturday, our sweet, dear friends Joanna "Cup of Joe" Goddard and Alex "Sunday Styles" Williams tied the knot in one of New York's most spectacular venues - the Downtown Association building at 60 Pine Street.  Joanna, a mere slip of a gal, wore an off-white J.Crew halter, which looked wildly perfect with her ballerina body and side bun.  Alex wore a navy double-vented suit with his now trademark beard and glasses.  Her English uncle Hamish officiated the ceremony, which included a great '60s soundtrack, making it all seem like a scene plucked from a Working Title Films romantic comedy.  We spent the cocktail hour in the incredible Reading Room, which makes me want wood paneling in my apartment so badly I could cry (and don't even get me started on that ceiling!)

Porter has assisted photographers at a bazillion New York weddings; this is her favorite venue, hands down.


Porter befriended this guy who guards the fourth floor game room.

7 comments

  1. Spectacular venue - I'm not sure if it's any consolation, but I suppose you could burn Roi Soleil Cire Trudon candles which smell like the Mirror Gallery and the wooden floors of Versailles. At least it should smell grandiose.

  2. That second photo is gorgeous...pure Fitzgerald.

  3. K says:

    Oh how lovely, thanks for painting a picture of the day.

  4. That building is perfect! I'm surprised I've yet to go to a wedding there...

  5. Thank you for this 'inside scoop'! I thought about them several times that day - it sounds like a dream.

  6. duke says:

    I want to live there

  7. oh, holly, what a lovely post, thank you so much. what a sweet sweet thing to come home to! thank you!!!