Porter's Possessions | Cormac, the Highland Bull

Yes, we really, really thought the swans were it.  And yes, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.  But Porter and I biked to Dumbo yesterday (no rain!) and stumbled upon this Highland Bull at the great little shop Re-Pop by the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Porter had to have him.  This purchase, named Cormac, has inspired some wall painting and a taxidermy shuffle. Photos of the re-org/re-paint pending!

Note 1: The Swans have been named Daedalus and Icarus

Note 2: Porter's Possessions was the name of the store our parents owned in Lincoln, Nebraska during the early '80s.  They were the first in town to carry Esprit, along with vintage kimonos, elephant hair bracelets and clothing made of natural fibers.

68 Washington Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11205
718-280-8032

Polaroid by Porter Hovey

6 comments

  1. mary says:

    Love the bull. How could anyone live without him? And the swans, like the names. Thanks for spicing up my day.

  2. SAMANTHA FOXX says:

    You know what would be cool? A pig's face on my wall. My wall is painted a beutacious pale pink and a pinkish taxidermied pig's head would be marvelous.

  3. Elyse says:

    Absolutely fantastic. <3

  4. Anonymous says:

    Someone get me some stuffed animals to hung on my walls ASAP. I have 3 rooms in my apartment and each room has 4 walls, so I need 12heads (preferably cute deer, i hate wild boars, will settle for horses and gazelles, maybe an antilope in there too. Oh and if anyone knows where i can get a zebra head let me know. Thanks so much guys. Au revoir y'all.

  5. Lisa says:

    Cormac, The Magnificent!
    Did you bicycle him back to your pad?
    Would have loved to have seen that!
    lisa

  6. clamb says:

    Hi,curious to know how much one of those taxidermy cost?
    -inlove with your blog & keep up with the inspiring safari ideas,shopping guides,and vintage style.:)