11 comments

  1. Sixth from the bottom is the lovely future Duchess of Bedford, Henrietta Tiarks.

  2. Chenners says:

    Great find there, Double H.

  3. mary says:

    Aesthete's Lament's comment reminded me that I purchased some of this future duchess's (sp?) personal household decorative items a few years ago. But that gene pool is pretty small--kind of makes one wonder.
    Thanks for the post!!!!

  4. have i told you lately that i think you are brilliant?

  5. Yoli says:

    I love these old photographs.

  6. what brilliant documentation! How do you find these little treasures?

  7. MR says:

    Running from the top, believe photos 1,3,6,8, 10&11 are Henley Regatta and not Ascot, based on the clothes worn (used to wear similar myself) and the background.

    Great site!

  8. MR says:

    Running from the top, believe photos 1,3,6,8, 10&11 are Henley Regatta and not Ascot, based on the clothes worn (used to wear similar myself) and the background.

    Photo 7 is definitely the Eton Harrow match at Lords, looking across the pitch towards the pavilion, you can see it clearly between the Park drag's (road coaches)

    Great site!

  9. Wow -- I cannot believe I didn't assume this as well given all those boats and the utter lack of horses! Amending now! How embarrassing...