Monday, April 27, 2009

Sun (Dress), Shade (Hat)

In order to prepare for the summer-in-April onslaught, Port and I hit the stores.  Inspired by the Amish and a stylish boy who sat to the left of Madonna on one of her recent Malawi adoption adventures, I stocked up on madras shirts to wear belted with skirts and my straw hat.  Porter went with that great Skywriter Dress from Anthropologie and the straw hat from J.Crew (which isn't posted online yet!). It's very important to put in a little effort this early, because after about two more days of 80+ temperatures, we'll all just throw in the style towel and sweat it out in t-shirts.

10 comments:

Laura [What I Like] said...

I am so on board with that dress! Perfect for those days that are so hot you'd rather not be wearing clothes at all.

pigeon.toed said...

that dress is perfect for a breezy sping afternoon!

A Day That is Dessert said...

I may have to go shopping right now! Love that dress.

Hollister H. Hovey said...

It's incredibly flattering, too. The band across the ribs hangs nicely, creating a look of infinite thinness beneath - without being baggy or gappy. Anthro, it seems, may have come down to earth with the prices a bit. It wasn't cheap, but for awhile I kept finding $300+ prices on anything I loved there.

businessiscasual said...

Cute. I want that dress. Lovely.

acrossthepond said...

That is one great hat!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Never surrender the sartorial high ground. Just the look for those 80º+ days. (We've got 90º + here in Richmond. Even I am without a tie today.)

Paul Pincus said...

gosh. anthropologie can do no wrong. i love it.

Amani said...

Blue color is so pretty and this is a perfect dress for a breezy day!!

Maia said...

Nice photo.!! Love the dress!! So pretty!