Scary Scenes from the Dermatology Meeting Pt. 2

I have an amazing ability to pay attention to details - the wrong details. Say my apartment looks like a Hurricane Katrina-ravaged bar (a bar hit by said hurricane prior to anyone clearing away the beer bottles).  I'll ignore that and polish the silver or organize my ribbon drawer.  

The same affliction has hit with my I-could-kick-Lohan's-butt-in-a-freckle-contest face (captured at the Coppertone booth to highlight one's wildly bad behavior under the sun without Coppertone).  There are so many things to say: (1)  HHH, you look like Magnum PI, only your 'stash is made of melanomas! (2) HHH, stop falling asleep wearing your glasses, it's making linear dents in your nose.  (3) HHH, you look quite nice as a demon in a dog collar.  Ptah!  What gets me sweatin' and agonizin'?  My asymmetrical eyebrows.  It's all I've been able to see for two days.

15 comments

  1. Schorsch says:

    Asymmetrical eyebrows are hot. They give a face an effortlessly coy appearance, a visage of constant, subtle amusement.

  2. Your stash looks more like Charlie Chaplin than Magnum. And what's the deal with the dog collar?

  3. I always obsess about my eyebrows too...I have a little bald spot on my right one so people always seem to make that arch lower when I get them done. It drives me insane!

  4. The "dog collar" is actually one of those chin rest thingys that you have to rest yourself on at the optometrist, but it certainly comes off as a subservient accessory. And yeah, I guess it is more Chaplin than Magnum. It's remarkably straight across. God knows the kind of tanning I did to get that look. All very, very bad stuff.

  5. It actually looks a bit like Salvador Dali if you squint and imagine the mustache wax twirls!

  6. Oh, that makes sense. And I'm with Schorsch on the asymmetrical eyebrows.

    As one of those odd redheads who can tan, I shudder to think what I would look like on one of those things. My yearly mole search freaks me out enough (nothing so far).

  7. Anonymous says:

    I say the mustache is Poirot-like, but you are still incredibly sexy.

  8. This is what your head looks like on my wall. Or placed inside a glass dome in my curiosity cabinet .

  9. Anonymous says:

    I think you look lovely!

  10. Glad I am not the only one to obsess about such things!

  11. this image of you made me think of that great title they had faces then: super stars, stars, and starlets of the 1930's by john shipman springer!


    I'll ignore that and polish the silver or organize my ribbon drawer.

    love that ... i must be mad but that makes perfect sense to me!!!

  12. Laura says:

    Just the hoot I needed! You are funnier than you know!

  13. Tavarua says:

    I agree with Laura - You are such an inspiritation, you write great, interesting posts and good sense of humor....That is it.. we all wonder what will be on HHHs blog today....we can not wait for the next one......

  14. So shocking ha! the asymmetrical eyebrows looks nice so scarry. :-)

    by: sphin