Wednesday, March 4, 2009

High Brow, Low Brow, Best Use of Brows Ever

I've always had this fantasy of throwing a costume party where all guests would be required to come as their favorite painting.  But I'd expect quite an effort: fig leaves...military uniforms...comfy pants made for lounging in Marrakech. But then I remember how hard it is to even get people to wear safari clothes.  If only I had Seth's email address...

(Norma Jean Roy captures Seth Rogan as Frida Kahlo in the new issue of Vanity Fair - so good).

5 comments:

Annabelle said...

Wow! That's such a great party theme idea - but it's always scary throwing a dress up party because people can go with it, or completely disregard it and you look like a beautifully dressed up weirdo! Haha

I'd go as a subject in one of Dega's ballerina photos -they're lovely. What would you go as?

Hollister H. Hovey said...

I never choose anything remotely sexy or appealing when I costume up (hence Daniel Plainview). I'd like to go as an Henri Rousseau monkey!

C. R. Dimalla said...

...A Gustav Klimt. Naked, carrying a black and gold throw. How awkward!

vicki archer said...

Very good! xv

cde said...

that's something i've wanted to do for the past few years too! but when i was in art school my friends thought that was too cliche...but at least they'd have some good costume ideas!

the best was my friend who said he'd have come as the Death of Marat. if you have this party, please post photos! :)