Antiques Fair Finds

My friend Ryan, collector of industrial lamps and bones, invited me to the Pier Antiques Show on Saturday with the promise of it being a place, "generally a bit overpriced, but where I always find some treasure" (or something nice along those lines).  Well, he came away with an incredible French fishing bag...and I left laden with this gator beauty, the little British guy and the wicker polo helmet (as mentioned earlier today).  Lots of good English stuff to be had: I spied John Derian telling one shop owner: "If Ralph Lauren stops by, tell him to copy these pants for me." The guy said he'd pass it along. 


(The GoldenEye chilled out on the tech annihilation -- selectively.  I'm still in the hallway).

7 comments

  1. Stephanie says:

    I am coveting the little man with the flag.

    Great stuff!

  2. "If Ralph Lauren stops by, tell him to copy these pants for me." The guy said he'd pass it along.

    omg, classic!!! : )

  3. I don't know which is better - the stuff or the story. Lucky for you that you have both!

  4. Dana says:

    found you today, thoroughly appreciative and under your spell.

    My small beans are here: http://indiansummervintage.wordpress.com

    XOX

  5. Jorge Montanez says:

    So did the recession hit anybody?

  6. ha! I loved that last comment.

    And the croc bag. Love.

  7. I agree with Mrs. Blandings! I can't believe how successful you were. Love your choices.