Weekend Viewing: Synecdoche, New York

Tasks this weekend: buy new watercolors and see Charlie Kaufman's new film Synecdoche, New York 4,567 times. The Times' Manohla Dargis, whose pen (or computer) tends to leave brilliant, wicked blisters on the reputations of many a Hollywood director or star, said this about Synecdoche: "To say that Charlie Kaufman’s “Synecdoche, New York” is one of the best films of the year or even one closest to my heart is such a pathetic response to its soaring ambition that I might as well pack it in right now." Incredible. Also check out Charlie talking to The Times about building the mamouth warehouse set in Bed Stuy. Opens today in NY and LA.

6 comments

  1. You're not like the other blogs...

    I think I love you (in a not entirely unstalkerish kind of way).

  2. this looks so amazing.

    could this cast be any better?! i love hope davis and catherine keener. philip seymour hoffman is extraordinary in everything he does.

    happy weekend!

  3. I´ll watch this movie when it gets released in germany :D

  4. Have fun. I'll see it when it plays in NOLA, about 10 days before its DVD release...

  5. cannot wait to see this film!

  6. jezebel says:

    I still feel woozy from watching it last night. A rainy morning seems the perfect continuation.