Hollister's Blog Becomes an Outlet for an Only Somewhat Repressed Animal Obsession

Growing up, Porter and I consistently begged for a dog, specifically a Scotty. We'd call him "Mac" and he'd be amazing. So, every spring, to test our preparedness for this responsibility, our parents bought us a couple snap dragons. If we could grow those and remember to water 'em, we'd get our Mac. "But mom, a dog would bark if it's hungry! It's just not the same thing!" I'd cry as I looked down upon my brown, crumbling test subject a week later. (I say this to myself now, only replace "dog" with "child"...well, and switch up the barking bits). So, it's no wonder that I love taxidermy. You get the aesthetics without the food (or the byproduct). I'm just holding out for someone to breed me a potty trained airedale or spinone.

So, finally getting to the point, photographer Diana Brennan dispatched herself to the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium, Roger Williams Park, Providence, RI to shoot their animals (and plants). I stole all these images from her flickr pool. So, after the spider plate, the monkey screen, the elephant facade, and the elephant and monkey Liverpool invasion, I'm forbidding myself from doing another animalian post for at least a day.




7 comments

  1. Jonathan says:

    oh yes, a spinone. they are beautiful.

  2. An entire day? Darling, what restraint. By the way, children do speak up; they hardly ever let you forget to feed them.

  3. That's what I thought! Certainly different than a snap dragon! Hahaha.

  4. ACQUIRE says:

    How about an ecospehere? Beautiful "objets" with fishes inside that you don't even have to feed!

  5. Diana says:

    Thanks so much for the feature - love your sense of humor :-) I didn't have to feed or clean up from any of these critters - it was great! :-)

    If anyone is interested, some of these photos are up for sale at my Etsy shop!

  6. herana says:

    It is nice one, the pic is very cool, i just wonder if the real matter also cool enough. I have got a watch which have nice photo but do not really good before, it is so bad...
    By Air Jordan shoes

  7. Wow! extraordinary collections.





    Laby[zoot suits]