A Quick Refresher: Santa Maria Novella Pomegranate Cologne


They - and by that, I mean some very smart woman - always say that a gal should wear one scent and stick to it. Let one whiff of the stuff send former lovers into Pavlovian fits of yearning. Well, I, unfortunately, never followed that rule. The closest I've come to a commitment would be Tom Ford's Nu for YSL, which, of course, left the market when Tom left Gucci Group. So now I alternate things between Jo Malone's Red Roses and Orange Blossom, Prada Amber, Prada Tendre, Tom Ford's Black Orchid Voile De Fleur, Robert Piguet's Fracas, Agent Provocateur, a few Burberry's and many Ralph Lauren's. I'm not kidding (and that's only about half). When it comes to the boys - who surely aren't quite as enthralled by the perfume aisle at Sephora as I - I have two all-time favorites. For fall/winter: Terre d'Hermès (Hermès claims it evokes the "smell of bodies after lovemaking") and for these absoultely miserable sweltering days like today, Santa Maria Novella's Pomegranate. It's powdery and fresh and I promise that it won't leave you smelling like a ball of antioxidants.

3 comments

  1. I found Orange Blossom three bottles ago and have not looked back. I thought it too light for the winter, but loved it too much to give it up.

  2. Isn't is just wonderful! I actually layer it with the Red Roses and it's the most delightful feminine concoction. Sadly, the Orange Blossom body oil wasn't nearly as potent as the man killing Red Roses. As old fashioned and boring as roses seem, it's the only fragrance I've worn that's even hinted at putting a man into a fit (and the bath oil is even better than the eau de parfum).

  3. lately, I've been wearing tom ford, creed, and burberry. a lot of people think black orchid smells like cocaine, haha. i'll have to check out the men's you named.