Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dispatch from San Francisco: The Elusive Florist cum Taxidermy Shop Found!


As noted in the last SF dispatch, my internet searches failed to locate the lovely florist I'd passed and fallen in love with during my recent trip there. But my West Coast correspondent, E.D., came through big time and discovered that I'd been pressing my nose against the glass at Floréal. The Nob Hill shop, owned by a lovely French woman named Dominique, has been in business 26 years, but only recently decided to embrace Mother Earth wholeheardedly. What started with flowers now incorporates corals, wood planters, shells and taxidermy animals. Just how I like it.
533 Taylor St.
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 885-4261

2 comments:

Habitually Chic said...

So pretty! I am really looking forward to checking out some of your store suggestions. I want a little taxidermy something for my apartment. Also, did you hear that Deyrolle in Paris had a fire? Sooo sad!

Hollister H. Hovey said...

Nooooo! What a tragedy. Obscura has really good prices - even exotic things like a black bear head and some African creature were around $400-$500. Those are generally well over a grand elsewhere. The birds are shockingly expensive.